A. Summary of Position: Direct fundraising programs related to annual giving, major gifts, corporate gifts, leading all fundraising activities and major projects. Responsible for pursuing and securing major gifs and charitable foundation grants that result in monetary support for the ATS the health of ATS programs, generating revenue essential to support its mission. Collaborate with Chief of Development and Senior Manager, Development Analytics to develop and implement key fundraising strategies and initiatives for maximizing individual donations. Implement donor recognition, stewardship and cultivation programs and special events. This position reports to the Chief of Development.
B. Principal Accountabilities:
1. Donor Cultivation, Stewardship and Retention:
• Qualify current and prospective donors to develop an active portfolio of 60 – 75 people capable of making major gift level commitments (defined as giving a minimum of $10,000 annually).
• Research potential and current donors, non-endemic supporters, patient advocacy organizations, regional/community-based foundations, etc. Utilize information to create appeals.
• Manage and execute the Annual Giving Campaigns, including #GivingTuesday.
• Expand the ATS planned giving “Edward Livingston Trudeau Society” which includes those who include the ATS in their estate plans.
• Create and implement personalized cultivation/briefing/ask strategies for all assigned prospects, based on philanthropic focus to enhance philanthropic giving to the ATS.
• Coordinate and guide program leaders and volunteers to help them effectively carry out their responsibilities related to fundraising.
• Prepare briefs for the ATS Executive Committee, and executive staff for all interactions with donors, including research information, goals of meeting and talking points.
• Develop prospect pipeline and continually strive to identify and engage new donors.
• Using the fundraising database (Salesforce), create and record timely reports on all donor interactions.
• Help achieve specific fundraising goals for assigned areas of focus.
• Adhere to the highest ethical standards, demonstrate empathetic disposition and perseverance, reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to the needs of donors.
2. Programmatic Responsibilities: Develop, execute, measure and report impact of the following programs:
• Annual Research Program Benefit – work with meeting services team for the largest fundraiser of the year for the ATS Research Program, held at the ATS International Conference.
• Live/Virtual Lung Run fundraiser – held in conjunction with annual Leadership Summit, including marketing and peer-to-peer fundraising; manage event logistics in partnership with other ATS staff and vendors
• Monthly Giving Program – foster and grow monthly donors; develop and execute initiatives to encourage new donors to join
• Staff Giving Campaign - design and execute marketing plan to incentivize staff donation
• Other funds and campaigns as assigned
3. Operational Responsibilities:
• Staff the ATS Funds for the Future Committee. Schedule meetings and calls, reporting minutes, assist the Chair with creating meeting materials, collect agenda items and follow up.
4. ATS International Conference Responsibilities: Develop, execute, measure and report impact of the following activities at the ATS International Conference:
• ATS Donor Appreciation Suite: Determine suite amenities, design and logistics – working closely with Meeting Services Team
• Annual ATS Research Program Benefit: Plan the Annual Research Program Benefit, including promotion, sales of table packages for academic institutions, industry and individual donor signage, managing event RSVPs with registration vendor
• VIP donor hotel block.
• Meet and Greet event for past awardees, ATS leadership and major donors.
5. Supervisory Responsibilities
• Oversee legal firm for state charity registrations
• Work with development team Senior Manager, Development Analytics to leverage actionable data to drive giving
• Work with consultant team (Consultants in Association Philanthropy) to secure external, non-endemic grants in support of ATS programs and mission
6. Required Business Travel – 10-15%
• Attend the ATS International Conference (mid-May), as well as other meetings as needed.
C. Measures of Accountability:
• Website has a seamless giving strategy built on the ATS mission and key activities, is functional, intuitive and supports ATS development opportunities
• Database and communications are correct and free from error
• Successful annual events at the ATS International Conference and campaigns throughout the year
• Assigned programs and funds grow and provide value to the ATS and its members.
D. Qualifications And Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Demonstrated track record of forming donor relationships that result in annual and major gifts in the five and six- figure range, and experience soliciting multi- year commitments and seven-figure gifts preferred.
• Interest in advancing lung health is critical; as is the ability to communicate the ATS mission, goals, and programs effectively and with the highest professional standards.
• Desired skill sets include but are not limited to Salesforce or similar CRM, Pardot, Teams. Advanced skills in word will include mail merge; Advanced skills in Excel will include links to different spreadsheets, data filters and formulas, and produce graphs and charts. Advanced skills in PowerPoint will include graphs and charts imported from Excel files.
• Excellent writing skills; Articulate in communicating with researchers, clinicians, and other professionals as well as the general public.
• Ability to manage projects, establish and monitor priorities, maintain flexibility, and meet deadlines with little direct supervision.
• Excellent strategic thinking, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
• Outstanding stewardship and relationship management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team as well as to be self-directed with a high degree of accountability.
• Hybrid work schedule including 4 weeks of work from anywhere
• Health, dental, and vision plans
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching
• Generous PTO policy including vacation, person days, and sick days
• Life and AD&D insurance
• Commuter benefits
• Multiple Social Events Throughout the Year